Monday, September 29, 2008

Coffee? Tea?

Definitely in Benin, neither coffee, nor any tea is popular. I don't know why. However, some persons like to drink Coffee (It is called Nescafe). they say that it makes them feel strong. I don't like coffee. I drink coffee but I'm not in love with it. For the record, my mother loves coffee and she can't eat anything if she doesn't drink her coffee first, at least once in the day. the only times i drink coffee is when i have a test and need to wake up earlier in the morning to get prepared. Now I do love tea (with milk and chocolate) because i enjoy milk. I heard about green tea here in America but I've never felt like taste it. Now we have traditional drinks in Benin. They are made with some specific plants and people drink it to prevent malaria. it is common and beninese people really like this "mixture". I don't because it tastes bitter. Really bitter. The first time i tried it, I almost thrown up on my sisters.
Please don't cry for me, I'm just complicated in terms of drinks. Too bad, I know.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Your poor sisters must have been terrified. I'll try not to cry for you. Hopefully you drink more than just water though!