Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My favorite food













My favorite food is fried plantain. Plantain is a kind of banana but it is longer than banana. it is made in Benin ( my country) but plantain are more believed to come from Ghana or Ivory Coast. it reminds me the first time I went to ivory coast, the place where i discovered plantain. I like it because it tastes good. Actually, it is delicious. I taught how to prepare it by myself. It is pretty easy. The ingredients are: Plantain and oil. here is the preparation.
- peel the plantain,
- cut it in small pieces,
- heat the oil,
- add the cut plantain in it.
- wait about 7 minutes until the first side gets brown and then turn the plantain so that the other side can get brown too.
- the plantain is ready.
Usually, I eat it with fried chicken or steak.
Fried plantain can be eaten either at lunch or at dinner. but as it is not consistent, dinner is the best moment i think to eat it. for the record, plantain can be find in Carbondale at the international grocery.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I'm glad that you love them so much. I've heard that plantains taste a little different than bananas but I strongly dislike bananas so I have never brought myself to try them. Maybe I'll have to give them a chance.